Midian Ranch Blog

This is the web log for Midian Ranch, an isolated homestead in rural Nevada. It is owned by Jason and Tina Walters, whom are also its regular posters. This blog is exclusively for the enlightenment and edification of our friends, family, and colleagues.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gerlach, Nevada, United States

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Weekend of the 5th of February

Not everyone is a fan of the "wooden box" school of interior design. Unfortunately for Tina, I am a BIG (if inconsistent) fan. I honestly don’t care if the inside of a home is faux wood, pine wood, hard wood, or even particle board. When I’m chilling in my rocking chair with The Ballad of Carl Drega in one hand and a revolver in the other with a fifth of Rebel Yell clenched between my knees, I don’t want to see plaster. I don’t want to see dry wall either, and there’s defiantly no way that wallpaper isn’t going to end up with a .45 slug shot through it. I want to see wood, or at the very least a semblance of wood, if I have to look at a wall. It reminds me of one of the things I like most about nature, namely trees. Of course by the time they become walls they’ve already been cut down and are, correspondingly, no longer part of nature but consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds, as The Prophet says.

As you can see from the picture above I am slowly working toward my fiendish goal of having a unique combination faux and actual wood interior at the ranch house. “Unique” means one of a kind, right? Well, it will be that by the time we are done. Some look at the ranch house and say “doublewide.” I look at it and say “castle!”

TTFN!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home