Midian Ranch Blog

This is the web log for Midian Ranch, an isolated homestead in rural Nevada. It is owned by Jason and Tina Walters, whom are also its regular posters. This blog is exclusively for the enlightenment and edification of our friends, family, and colleagues.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gerlach, Nevada, United States

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Weekend of June 6th (from Tina)

Monday June 6th, it Rained…

<>RAINED!!! In the desert. It’s been pretty wet at the ‘ol ranch this year, the plants are lovin’ it… I have never seen so many varieties of flowers at Midian before…

The First Annual Midian Ranch Relaxathon was a big success. Jason, Megan and I went up Friday once at Midian we unpacked had dinner then changed clothes to go soak in the Fly Geyser. Best midnight soak evar!!! Saturday Mom, Tess and Nikki arrived, then off for a daytime soak in the geyser... We are all hooked. I am not waiting another 8 years for a dip in the Fly Geyser. Sunday we went back to the geyser for picture taking…

Saturday night, after the Mom’s and the kid (Megan) went to bed, Jason Nikki and I went off on a nighttime stroll, it was pretty fun, Nikki had slippers on, we all had our supply of beer and I think Jason had a gun incase any wild life was hungry. The walk might have been a bit easier with the proper shoes and um, a flashlight, heck even some moon light would have been helpful, but not as much fun.

Sunday we did a bit of rock hounding and collected seeds from about 6 different flowers. I hope the seeds grow. I want to try some seeds in planter boxes, I am dying to get some flowers to grow where I want them but don’t have a permanent spot for them yet. I’ll try some in little pots in Richmond first. Sunday evening the girlzz left.

Monday it rained in the desert.

Note from Jason: The girls had a really good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home